Our friends at Casall sportswear produce the best multi sports bra we’ve found to date and we hang on their every word when it comes to keeping our chests in peak condition. The team there have put down on paper five very good reasons why we should all be investing in a Casall sports bra.
1. Your breast are held in place by a series of fine ligaments. Without the right support, strain on the breast ligaments will cause them to stretch. Once stretched, there is no going back.
2. When you train without a sports bra your breasts are free to move sideways, in and out and up and down, by as much as 20 centimetres.
3. With an ordinary bra, breast movement is reduced by only around 35%, while a sports bra reduces movement by more than 70%.
4. Tops with inbuilt bras do not provide any direct support and are only suitable for low impact training such as yoga or pilates.
5. Sports bras lose their elasticity over time. Just like training shoes, they need to be changed regularly.